Thursday, January 14, 2016

Picasso Inspired Works

Amy
acrylic on paper
4 x 6 inch
NFS

This week besides refinishing kitchen cabinets, I painted these small color studies inspired by the works of Picasso that are found in this book.  I love the book and it is one of my very favorites.
  

Late Supper
acrylic on paper
4 x 6 inch
available here

As I painted with a strong focus on color, I tried to pay attention to values more than I usually do. There is also a common theme:  they are all seated at a table and they all have coffee cups.  I love coffee cups as much as I do chairs.


Harmony Brew
acrylic on paper
 4 x 6 inch
available here

I also thought about hands and how they seem to be important somehow in art.  I realized not too long ago that I am very drawn to figurative art with interesting or strong hands.  So I worked on that a little bit.


Companions
acrylic on paper
4 x 6 inch
available here

Besides working on kitchen cabinets and painting Picasso/color studies, I spent time with various companions this week.  I watched movies with my husband, had a wonderful conversation over the phone with a special friend, and attended my very first Golden Globe/fondue/birthday party.

I plan to further my Picasso/color studies, but the next round will be with an emphasis on mother/child.

Wish me luck.

♥ Lisa

20 comments:

  1. I love these Lisa. The book looks good as well. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas you have. Hands are not easy.......so smart of you to study them. Nice paintings Lida. So expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you luck! Your work is priceless! I think Companions is really special! Glad you had a great time with your hubby and at the party too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a treat to see all of these beautiful pieces together. Can't wait to see your mother/child pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all the BEST to YOU in the NEW year!
    These are so so SWEET...LOVE the last one = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so nice to hear from you. I have been inactive with art and blogs, including reading others, that seeing you here is fun! You are a joy as is your art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think letting other artists inspire is a wonderful path. These are a joy to look at, and make me want to buy the book too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all beautiful but I love Harmony Brew. I zoned right in on that polka dot cup!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're lovely! I love the feeling in your paintings, hands can be so expressive can't they? Happy Picasso studies!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the interesting post with the very beautiful paintings !!!
    Happy weekend Lisa !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each of these are very special and unique in expression and marvelous color use. Beautiful art truly and thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, a new series for you. Ladies and their cups. xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear these these are all wonderful. You do such a great job with figures and I always enjoy seeing your people. Sounds like you have been quite busy with this first month of the new year. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these expressive people with coffee cups! What could be better. I'll be watching for the next installation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like them all. You are very talented and I can tell that you put yourself into your pieces. I like your comments; they show how much time, thought, and care you put into your work. You are an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like them all. You are very talented and I can tell that you put yourself into your pieces. I like your comments; they show how much time, thought, and care you put into your work. You are an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all of these Lisa, especially Companions. You made it your own but still recognizable.
    Great idea to take on someone like Picasso - he would definitely approve.

    it is weird - I thought I had already left a comment

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all of these Lisa, especially Companions. You made it your own but still recognizable.
    Great idea to take on someone like Picasso - he would definitely approve.

    it is weird - I thought I had already left a comment

    ReplyDelete
  19. These Picasso-inspired studies are quite beautiful, especially the last two. The composition of that last one with the two people, chairs, coffee cups and table pattern is perfect!

    ReplyDelete